All Adults Are the Protectors of All Children
California’s Surgeon General Nadine Burke Harris has declared Adverse Childhood Experiences a public health problem and public school crisis in her state.
Resolution Title –
Making Minnesota Trauma Informed
Trauma informed people can help abused children
heal and go on to lead normal lives.
We know abuse interrupts a child’s learning and social skill development and causes serious often dangerous behavioral problems resulting in that child becoming a dysfunctional adult.
Our society has for too long punished abused and traumatized children; expelling them from school and leading them into a justice system that never leaves them.
It is time to heal traumatized children and break the cycle of generational child abuse. This resolution does that.
- Minnesota has conducted the ACEs Survey and confirmed the results of the original ACEs survey.
- Nadine Burke Harris, Surgeon General of California has declared childhood trauma a public health epidemic and public schools crisis.
- Nine other states have done so, multiple MN communities are working towards becoming trauma informed communities
Be It Resolved That;
- Minnesota should proclaim itself to be a Trauma Informed Care State and action its largest agencies to determine what this means for their areas of responsibility.
- Our state should appoint a Surgeon General to pull together these diverse activities.
START; Short clip from ACEs (3minute) https://vimeo.com/67813655/e7d37baa75