If you know of an outstanding guardian ad-litem program please forward it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
426 children confirmed victims of abuse or neglect.
252 children in out-of-home care due to abuse or neglect.
As of October, 2008, 37 CASA volunteers are serving 78 children in Washtenaw County.
(October, 2007: 30 CASA volunteers serving 54 children in Washtenaw County.)
CASA guardian ad-Litem programs provide volunteers that learn the family circumstances in child abuse cases and make impartial recommendations to the court. Judges find the impartial insights of trained volunteers helpful in discerning the true state of the family and the risk of future abuse and neglect to the child.
Take a moment and read the Washtenaw County Blog to get a feel for how this program works.
It is a bigger step to convince people that healthy children become healthy citizens, but it is true.
- Support at risk children! Become a CASA volunteer or start a KARA group in your community.
- Have something to add? Attach a comment to this blog post or Contact Us to tell us your point of view or story.
- If you think someone might appreciate this information, click the ShareThis button below
- Buy our book or listen to it (for free)
- Join the public debate for children (they have no senator, lobby, or voice)