Please join me in learning more about Minnesota volunteer guardian ad-Litems (CASA volunteers). For many years now, I have been an active participant in the program and can attest to the powerful impact that it has had in the lives of abused and neglected children in our state. I was one of 500 guardians and oversaw the family and court proceedings of 50 children. Some of those children still contact me 15 years later (in many cases, I was the only caring adult that remained in their life).
Please visit the CASA website www.casamn.org & make your friends and circle of influence aware of the good work CASA does.
The mission of CASA Minnesota is to broadly support volunteer advocacy on behalf of abused and neglected children in our state. We believe that every abused and neglected child in Minnesota court proceedings should have a volunteer advocate working for their best interests. In pursuit of this goal, we do the following:
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of Minnesota volunteer guardians ad litem
- Provide initial and continuing education and support to Minnesota volunteer guardians ad litem
- Increase public awareness about child welfare and guardians ad litem
- Provide a network for communication among Minnesota volunteer guardians ad litem
- Advocate for legislative change, public policies and best practices that enhance the quality of advocacy and care for abused and neglected children